- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
Comments Off | Posted by Chuck Doud on August 26, 2011
One shelter will open Friday, August 26 at 7 p.m. Pets will be accepted.
- Bethel High School
1067 Big Bethel Road
*Residents should bring any medications or special needs equipment, air mattresses, blankets and pillows, diapers, toys, games and books for children, food, and water (recommended 1 gallon per person per day). Pets will be accepted; owners should bring a cage or crate, food and water, and medications.
Two city shelters will open Friday, August 26 at 6 p.m. Pets are not allowed.
- Landstown High School
2001 Concert Drive
- Salem High School (medically-friendly facility)
1993 SunDevil Drive
Two shelters will open Saturday, August 27 at 8 a.m. Pets are not allowed.
- Cox High School
2425 Shorehaven Drive
- Birdneck Elementary School
957 S. Birdneck Road
The city will open four shelters Friday, August 26 at 7 p.m. No pets allowed.
- Oscar Smith High School
1994 Tiger Drive
- Hickory Middle School
1996 Hawk Blvd.
- Western Branch High School
1968 Bruin Place
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
2706 Border Road
The city is opening a pet shelter on Friday, August 26 at 7 p.m.
- River Crest Community Center
1001 River Walk Parkway (Pet owners will be housed at Oscar Smith)
The city will open five shelters Friday, August 26 at 6 p.m. Pets are not allowed.
- Granby High School
7101 Granby Street
- Norview High School
6501 Chesapeake Blvd.
- Lake Taylor Middle School
1380 Kempsville Road
- Maury High School
322 Shirley Avenue
- Campostella Elementary School
1106 Campostella Road
The city will open three shelters on Friday, August 26 at 8 p.m.
- Nansemond River High School 3301 Nansemond Pkwy.
- Lakeland High School 214 Kenyon Rd.
- Kings Fork High School 351 Kings Fork Rd.
- TJ Davis Recreation Center
400 E. Sixth St.
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Pets will not be co-located at this shelter, but accommodations will be available and information will be provided upon arrival.
- Northampton Cultural & Wellness Center
9536 Hwy 305 N.
Jackson, NC 27845
Pets will be co-located at this site.
- Dare County residents without a means of transportation to a state managed shelter outside of Dare County may call 252-475-5640 to make travel arrangements.
- Nash County – Opens Aug. 25 Englewood Baptist Church 1350 South Winstead Ave.
- Wilson County - Opens Aug. 25 Raleigh Road Baptist Church 4150 Raleigh Road Parkway
Comments Off | Posted by WooWoo on
- Gov. McDonnell has authorized local officials to issue mandatory evacuation orders if they decide it’s necessary. If you live in a low-lying or flood-prone area, be prepared to evacuate.
- The Virginia National Guard is being mobilized for activation as needed.
- Mandatory evacuation in Sandbridge, with roads closed at 8 a.m. Saturday.
- Va Beach shelters are at Landstown High School, Salem High School, Cox High School and Birdneck Elementary School. Virginia Beach parking garages will be open at the Oceanfront free through the weekend.
- In Norfolk, mandatory evacuations of Zone 1 areas by Saturday.
- Norfolk’s shelters are at Granby High School, Norview High School, Lake Taylor Middle School, Maury High School, Campostella Elementary School and the East Ocean View Senior Center. Residents of Norfolk can park in the downtown garages for free over the weekend.
- Portsmouth will announce its shelter locations later today.
- Chesapeake’s shelters are at Oscar Smith High School, Hickory Middle School, Western Branch High School and Thurgood Marshall Elementary School.
- Suffolk’s shelters are at Nansemond River High School, Lakeland High School and Kings Fork High School.
- Hampton is opening a shelter at 7 p.m. at Bethel High School. Additional shelters will be opened if needed.
- The Newport News City Emergency Operations Center will open at 7:00 pm tonight. Shelter locations will be announced later today.
- Gloucester will open a shelter at Peasley Middle School at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Evacuation routes are Interstate 64 West, Routes 58 and 460 in western Hampton Roads, Routes 17 and 60 on the Peninsula, and Route 13 on the Eastern Shore.
- Northbound tolls on the Chesapeake Expressway have been lifted.
- The area’s tunnels will be closed when high water or damaging winds are imminent.
- Ferry service at the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry will be suspended at noon today.
- At the Norfolk and Newport News Airports, decisions about canceling flights are up to the airlines, but expect delays or cancellations.
- Amtrak train service along the east coast south of Washington is cancelled.
- Army officials will evacuate Fort Monroe by 6 p.m. tonight.
- Joint Base Langley will close Saturday at noon. Only the LaSalle gate will be open.
Comments Off | Posted by WooWoo on
MANDATORY EVACUATION ISSUED FOR SANDBRDIGE!
- You must be out by 12pm today.
- The road to/from Sandbridge will closr at 8am Saturday morning.
MANDATORY EVACUATION ISSUED FOR ZONE 1 OF NORFOLK:
- If you live in Norfolk – a Mandatory Evacuation has been issued for ZONE1.
- If you live in Zone 2, you are highly encouraged to evacuate.
- The neighborhoods included in Zone 1 that are under MANDATORY EVACUATION are the following:
- Willoughby Spit
- East Ocean View
- Mowbray Arch section of Ghent
- The Downtown Norfolk Waterfront
- Colonial Place: West of Gosnold & North of Massachussets Avenue
- Willow Terrace Condos in Colonial Place
If you want to look at the Storm Surge Maps & see if your home is in Zone 1 or Zone 2 – the link is below. Copy & Paste into your web browser.
Comments Off | Posted by WooWoo on
PET SHELTER INFORMATION:
- There is a pet shelter located at River Crest Community Center at 1001 River Walk Parkway in Chesapeake. Owners will be housed at Oscar Smith High School.
- Virginia Beach SPCA: As it stands, the Virginia Beach SPCA is here and ready to accept animals of First Responders and people that are under a mandatory evacuation and staying at a local Red Cross Shelter. They will begin accepting animals on Saturday.
- In an effort to assist the many first responders in the City of Norfolk, the Norfolk Animal Care Center and the Norfolk SPCA will accept pets from those first responders who are without other sheltering options. Because space and resources are limited at both facilities, we ask that personnel in need of sheltering services call ahead to make prior arrangements with the shelter. Please consider the shelter a last resort.
- The Norfolk Animal Care Center is located at 5585 Sabre Road. Contact the shelter at 441-5505.
- The Norfolk SPCA is locate at 916 Ballentine Blvd. and can be contacted at 622-3319.
- Pets left in the care of either shelter must be picked up by 5:00pm on Sunday, August 28th.
**All animals brought to either shelter must have:
1. identification tags
2. any required medication
4. carrier or crate
5. leashes for dogs
6. vaccine records—animals must be current on rabies vaccine and distemper vaccines (cats and dogs)
7. cat litter for cats
8. blankets, toys, treats should also accompany the pet
*Aggressive animals cannot be accommodated at either facility
If you leave your pets at home, please confine them to an interior room. Leave enough food and water for several days. Be sure they are wearing identification with your contact information. NEVER leave animals chained or penned outside as they cannot escape rising waters. Please do not leave your pets in hot vehicles.
Comments Off | Posted by Chuck Doud on August 22, 2011
So, for the first time in 7 years, I took an honest to goodness vacation. I had originally planned to go to Niagara Falls, but, a friend of mine for the past 3 years suggested a cabin getaway to the Shenandoah Mountains would be just the trick.
So there I was…4 days in a remote cabin atop of a mountainside in Page County, VA…not a neighbor for 2 miles…nature all around me…and it was exactly what I needed. Here is the cabin I rented stayed in.
I slept about 12 hours a day and didn’t do ‘much’ aside from slide in to the day like a sloth. I was in my Pajamas until about noon most days…I stayed up until 2:20am playing cards one night, and went in to the town of Luray for some local flavor and picture taking.
The Town of Luray is one of those great little towns driven on tourism and a solid local hardworking crowd. It sits at the base of the mountains and is also home to the Globally Acclaimed “Luray Caverns”, an underground tourist attraction designed by Mother Nature over the past several million years. It’s definitely a must see.
Go ahead and click on the image to see a larger rendition of this gorgeous cavern. It was worth the 23 bucks for the tour, which, takes you on about a mile walk through the caverns. I felt like I was in “The Lord of The Rings” in here…good stuff.
After the caverns, I stopped by the Luray “Rain Garden” and Towne Park just outside the town on my way back to the cabin. There was a nice stream full of little trout and this guy was getting some fresh sushi. I watched him for a few minutes. He would sit still and then SNAP…grab himself another trout. Pretty awesome.
At first I thought he was not ‘real’…he just sat and waited…patient…and then he’d just pop his long neck out and enjoy more of the days fresh catch. It was fantastic to watch as he would gulp down a trout and then go back ‘mannequin style’. He’s my hero.
A good friend of mine is the best blueberry pie maker in the state and she had been suggesting I take the kids to Pungo Blueberries (a seasonal pick your own blueberry farm) and collect blueberries. The deal was if we helped pick, she would do her magic on the pies. So we there we were…about 8 pounds of blueberries later, it was pie time and true to form…her Blueberry Pie is unbeatable and Theresa got to help make it with her while Charlie and I caught up on iCarly on Nickelodeon.
In case you have ever wondered what 8lbs of blueberries looks like….here ya go. …it takes 4 people working like mad about 90 minutes to get this many blueberries. I can see now why they cost so much at the store. Here, they only charged about a $1.80 a pound. Not bad! 8lbs from the store would have been upwards of 25 – 30 bucks for two pies. This produced 2 very large blueberry pies with about a ziplock bag filled to the brim left over for pancakes, etc.
The grand finally to several activities and excursions with the kids was our first ever fishing trip by flat bottom jon-boat. Here is the visual candy from that trip which produced 7lbs of fish and a trip to last a lifetime.
Comments Off | Posted by HollyWooWoo Report on August 16, 2011
Silent mourners are paying their respects to Elvis Presley at his grave site at Graceland, his longtime Memphis home. Today marks the 34th anniversary of his sudden death in 1977. The vigil is the main draw of “Elvis Week.” He was 42 when he died & would be 76 today.
TLC is canceling “Kate Plus 8.” The final episode will air Sept. 12. The show was spun off from “Jon & Kate Plus 8.” Their marriage dissolved, and the couple divorced in 2009. There were 150 episodes. Ex-husband Jon says the family can now look forward to some privacy.
Billy Crystal says he’s considering hosting the next Oscars Feb 26. He hosted the show 8 times, then moved on to other projects. He did a cameo last year to honor Bob Hope. Fans have asked him to return. Remember last year’s hosts? Anne Hathaway and James Franco.
Sugarland are planning to perform as scheduled in Albuquerque, N.M., Thursday. They are recovering from the tragic crash of their stage in an Indiana thunderstorm last Saturday. 5 people died. They were to follow Sara Bareilles, but their manager kept them offstage.
Want to meet the “Real Housewives” of New Jersey or New York? Bravo is bringing the ladies from their reality show franchise to Atlantic City, Chicago & Atlanta in Oct. Tickets are $50 to $170, & will be sold to those 21 & older. Other appearances will depend on demand.
Taylor Swift suffered an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction during a gig over the weekend. She was performing in St. Louis on Saturday. A gust of wind blew the back of her dress up to reveal a pair of large, skin-colored underpants. She performed like nothing happened.
Tara Reid says contrary to reports, she has not married Danish businessman Michael Lilleund. She said they split earlier this year. She said her new husband’s name is Zack Kehayov. They were engaged…and married…in Greece on Saturday.
Rock veteran Sammy Hagar joined Kid Rock onstage in Detroit, Michigan Friday night to perform a surprise duet. Hagar was Rock’s support act for 2 concerts at the city’s Comerica Park over the weekend. They performed the Grand Funk classic “We’re An American Band.”
John Mellencamp has officially divorced his estranged wife Elaine Irwin Mellencamp. He’s been seen frequently with Meg Ryan since the couple split. He filed for divorce January 14 after an 18-year marriage. The will share custody of their 2 teenage sons.
Ashton Kutcher is splashing out $9,000-a-week on a brand new mobile home. He’ll live in the plush new trailer during shooting for “Two and a Half Men.” He’ll also run his production company from the mobile home in between filming. Wife Demi Moore is with him.
Chynna Phillips’ name is now in the mix as part of the new cast of DWTS. And Snooki seems to be a frontrunner. Last week she told Billy Bush, “If they ask me, I’ll do it!” Queen Latifah is officially not going to dance. ABC will make the cast announcement in two weeks.
“DWTS” performer Mark Ballas raised more than $12,000 for the elderly last weekend. He volunteered to perform at a benefit in Warren, Ohio. He signed a shirt, threw in front row VIP tickets to ‘DWTS’ for 2 nights, backstage passes, and pictures of the other dance pros.
TV bosses are looking for an actress to portray the late Amy Winehouse in a bio-series about her life. Discussions have been held with her family, and plans are already underway to bring her story to the small screen. The bio is being pitched to production companies.
Comments Off | Posted by WooWoo on
Hey peoples! Sorry I have been slacking on the blogging. I get pretty distracted sometimes when we get off the air…we have meetings, I go to the bathroom, we have another meeting and then I just forget to blog. My bad! I need to set an alarm on my iPhone reminding me to blog.
Anyway – I need to brag about my husband for a second here. McCoy & I just returned from a weekend in NYC. We didn’t see a Broadway show. Or stand outside the TODAY Show with a cheesy poster. Nope…we went so he could play in a kickball tournament. This is more than just 3rd Grade kickball…it’s hardcore, trash talking, quasi-professional, paid referee style kickball. Teams have uniforms, sponsors & cleats that Beckham would envy. McCoy’s team is called PANIK ATTACK. With a K. And long story short….THEY WON!! They won The 3rd Annual New York City Grand National Tournament. And it was the 2nd Year in Row winning this tourney. Word to yo motha!! HA! It’s the 7th event of the “National Tour”. Besides a trophy – they walked away with $6000 CASH!! (Please don’t show up at our house & rob me tonight. I’d appredciate it!) So… you’re re-thinking kickball now aren’t you? Yeh – get that smirk off your face. Our next stop is Las Vegas in October for the Circuit Cup Championship.
In other non-kickball related news…Maggie is 5 months old!! Can you believe it? She will be 6 months on September 10th. While we were in NYC, I bought her a winter coat. Ralph Lauren of course. This kid has a better wardrobe than I do. Dang! Here’s Mag’s new coat:
Wish I was that tiny – I’d love a cute jacket! Too bad I bought NOTHING in NYC for my-self. Nope. All about baby these days. I did buy my-self a hangover though. Courtesy of Dos Caminos in SOHO. I highly recommend. OK – off to a meeting now. XO, WooWoo
Comments Off | Posted by HollyWooWoo Report on August 15, 2011
Sugarland and Sara Bareilles are posting messages of condolences to fans hurt in the stage collapse in Indianapolis in a strong thunderstorm Saturday night. They cancelled a show last night in Iowa. The collapse killed 5 people. Bareilles had just finished when the storm hit.
Paris Hilton lost 2 mobile devices on a flight to the Philippines for a visit to promote a hotel resort. She was surrounded by airline staff at the Manila airport late Sunday after arriving from Dubai. In 2005, hackers accessed her cellphone and posted friends’ numbers online.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death in 1977. Today, Graceland unveils a five-CD box set that includes an 80-page book, photos, postcards, fan letters, magazine covers and other memorabilia. Fans can pre-order for $109.99 at Elvis1956.com.
Chris Martin has hinted that Coldplay’s forthcoming album Mylo Xyloto could be their last. He told Billboard magazine: “I always feel like each record is our last, but at the moment I’m in the stage where I really mean it. I don’t have anything left.”
Johnny Depp was set to ride in the big-screen Disney version of The Lone Ranger. Armie Hammer had the title role and Depp was down for playing Tonto. Disney has halted production due to its $200M budget. The pending release date was to be Dec. 21, 2012.
“30 Rock” star Tina Fey gave birth to her second child with husband Jeffrey Richmond on Wednesday. The little girl, named Penelope Athena, has a big sister named Alice, who is 5. The former “Saturday Night Live” star first revealed her pregnancy to Oprah in April.
Jessica Alba has given birth to a bouncing baby girl. She and husband Cash Warren welcomed Haven Garner Saturday in Los Angeles. On her iVillage blog, she posted: “Thank you for all of your support during my pregnancy.” Big sister is named Honor, now age 3.
Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie celebrated their first wedding anniversary this weekend. They also are expecting their first child. They married on Aug. 14, 2010. On her website, she posted: “We are extremely happy and ready to start this new chapter.”
“The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd married her fiancé, TV writer Lamar Sally, at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago on Saturday. Another co-host, Joy Behar, swapped vows Thursday night with her beau of 29 years, Steve Janowitz, in a private ceremony in NY.
Tara Reid has tied the knot with Danish businessman Michael Lillelund in Greece. She tweeted: “I just got engaged.” Hours later, she updated with “just got married in Greece, I love being a wife.” The couple met in November in Saint-Tropez.
Brooke Burke and former “Baywatch” star David Charvet are husband and wife. The longtime couple, who have been engaged since August 2006, made it official Friday evening on a boat in St. Barts. They have two children together, a daughter age 4, and son age 3.
Derek Hough is returning to the fall season of “Dancing With the Stars.” He took a hiatus from season 12 to make a dance movie called “Cobu 3D.” He’s won the show’s mirror ball trophy 3 times. He’s in the lead for the role of Johnny Castle in the “Dirty Dancing” remake.
Mike Myers is stepping back in time to reprise his role as 1960s spy Austin Powers for another installment. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery came out in 1997, followed by 2 more. Myers is expected to write, produce and star in the forthcoming film.
Comments Off | Posted by Chuck Doud on August 3, 2011
So I wanted to share with you some of my pictures from around the office…sure you have all seen the pictures of Dj’s with Rock Stars….but lets talk about work and the people I work with; the actual “Office”
Here are some pics